Rad Reading – March

This month I read a book called Gleanings by Neal Shusterman. There are countless of stories that must be told of the Scythedom. Centuries passed ever since the Thunderhead supported and kept humanity running smoothly. And Scythe Goddard making several countries his puppets to fulfill him power. Same characters and New foes, heroes, and some in between will have their stories unraveled. In the book you’ll find out just how terrifying the world of the series, Scythe can be.

I really liked the book just like the rest of them. The stories that are told give you hidden details and background information. The stories included Scythe Godard’s childhood life, A story of a dog with the mind of a human hunting down a scythe (Which I thought was hilarious until you find out what the scythe did to the dog), the truth of Scythe Curie and the relationship she had with Scythe Faraday, and many more stories. Although some of the stories were kind of boring the book was equally as good as the other books.

My favorite character from the book is kila. Because although she is an unsavory which means to abide by the Thunderheads law, she still shows signs of sympathy. I can prove it with this quote, “What are you still doing here?” he snapped “Your session is over. Hurry along.” “I … I just … Are you okay?” This proves that even if she abides by rules and causes havoc she can still have sympathy for others.

My favorite quote from the book is, “Because it is easier to believe that scythes aren’t real, and that I am a liar, and that the moon is made of cheese, than it is to admit that everything you believe about the world is wrong.” (Pg 102) This is my favorite quote from the book because it is in fact better to not believe something than to be afraid of it. Such as imaginary monsters from your childhood that you still remember.